Pages

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 November 2009



The results of two recent surveys. Snape Warren is again anti-landing trenches.  At this site it would appear that existing field / rabbit warren boundaries were incorporated into the obstacle grid.
The Westelton Walks map shows another section of weapons pits/crawl trenches over-looking the anti-tank ditch. What I did not make clear on my first post regarding this site is that the two maps posted so far are 'selective' in that many weapons pits/shell slits/shell scrapes nearby are not shown on the maps. This is because I'm sure most are training earthworks, with the ones shown on the maps the most likely to be truly defensive in that they at least would have provided fire to cover the anti-tank ditch. It is my intention to produce a map showing all the earth works eventually, in the meantime any comments would be welcome! Just to repeat from my last post, with the exception of the anti-tank ditch, to date I have found no reference to this site other than a training site.

No comments:

Post a Comment