Welcome to this blog which is intended to accompany a website on how Suffolk was defended during the Second War. The blog will describe my trips out and about looking for the remains of the Second War defences while the Website will concentrate on putting these into context.

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Monday, 10 May 2010

Quick post on a Somme relic (not me!)

This post is not because I have not got anything to say on Suffolk - hope to do a quick post on a walk around Kessingland in the next few days. Rather it is to highlight an amazing (at least I think!) survival from the 1st War pointed out to me by my brother. You may remember I posted an image of three German stick grenades we found. Well on reviewing his photos my brother noticed some writing still remaining on the handle on one - clearly visible is 5 1/2 - relating to the time of the fuse. So checked my photos and yes its there!!!!! Amazing, I think, still visible after 90 odd years!

No comments:

Post a Comment